Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Race That Didn't Happen


Sunday I was suppose to run the Niagara Falls Half Marathon.  Friday night I went to the expo and I was already feeling a bit under the weather.  I thought it was just the gloomy rainy day that was making me feel off.  Well Saturday was another rush rush busy day.  My daughter and I had to go to a school's open house, hoping to get her into that school for next year.  We went there in the morning and the we had to rush to get to dance.  I felt so tired annd my throat was hurting so bad.  After dance we stopped at the store for a few things including the Saturday newspaper since my daughter needed to find news articles for a homework assignment.  When we finally got home I sat on the sofa and starting thinking about my race the following day.  Was I well enough to run?  I then remembered a promise I made to myself after the Princess Half Marathon at Disney where I run so incredibly sick and got Trigeminal Neuralgia because of the fact that I did run so sick.  I then started thinking, "I'm not as sick as I was at the Princess race, I had a fever then and now its just a few body pains and a sore throat"!  I then opened the newspaper and read this article:


I remember hearing about this runner on the news the previous weekend.  I read the article and it then hit me.  I can't run this race.  I am not at 100%, I should not run.  Don't risk it.

Luckily I did take my advice.  I woke up in the middle of the night soaked.  I was sweating out a fever all night long.  I would not have run that race well at all and who knows how I would have ended up after the race.

This may sound strange but the hardest part was saying "I will not run this race" as opposed to not running the race.

I know there are other races but it was still hard since this would be my last half marathon this year and I really enjoyed the Niagara Falls Half Marathon last year and I was looking forward to running it again this year!

I will be lying if I say I was not disappointed but I guess we all have these moments!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, I enjoy reading through your post. I wanted to write a little
    comment to support you.

    Take a look at my weblog site

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was strange. I just wrote an extremely long comment
    but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.

    Anyway, just wanted to say superb blog!

    Also visit my webpage - ec-mp.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I desire to subscribe for this webpage to get most up-to-date updates, so where can i do it
    please help.

    Look into my web page - http://xino-xano.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you are getting thoughts from this article as well as from our argument made at this place.

    Here is my weblog :: trade options

    ReplyDelete